Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Ready for Round Two

 For as good as I am feeling most of the time, it is easy to forget that I am undergoing a chemotherapy regiment. My daily routine includes a 2 mile am walk, several small meals,  plenty of fluids, and a little chocolate which is soo good for whatever ails you. Isn’t it?

I was forced to make an emergency call to my best buddy Terry today following the loss of several patches of hair with my morning shower.  I was not a good sale on the “Mister Clean” Do, - not quite ready for that, so we settled for the gray spiked look to ease me into the transition. I figure by the weekend it will all have to go. I am glad the wig is ready when duty calls.

I start my second round of chemo on Friday and actually feel strong enough to tackle it again. It is so much more tolerable when you can somewhat predict the after effects.

Last week was simply amazing as our city hosted Super Bowl XLVI. Who could have ever predicted 45-50 degree weather for most of the week? Greg and I took a stroll down to the Super Bowl Village and what a proud city of Hoosiers lining the streets! We received very favorable reviews, and the media reports are already talking about bringing the Super Bowl back. (Indy might have to build a couple more five star hotels so that people don’t have to pay $1000/night to stay at the Days Inn!) It was so nice to send those New England Patriots back home without another ring. I would venture to say that a lot of the NY Giant fans were Colts fans incognito. Sorry Boston family members, we owe them a few tough losses.

I have had lunch on a few occasions with friends and several phone calls to make the week so pleasant. It is so funny how easy it is to take the little things for granted.  We are blessed to have so many people mindful of our need for support and prayers. This evening I was able to meet up with members of my Honduran Mission team who just returned from another winter trip. I promised them that I would return to Honduras next winter and they are to hold me to that commitment!

As I head into another round this Friday, I would ask for your continued prayers for strength and courage. Thank you for walking with us on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment