Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Cranial Prosthesis

The last week has been very full of laughter accented by some aches and pains and itchiness, but I’ve still got all my hair as of tonight! When it does go, I am prepared with a brand new and beautiful cranial prosthesis that matches my hair perfectly and can also double as an afro if I so desire. I considered going red, but it just didn’t become me. I actually wore the wig out of the wig shop (properly styled by my good friend and hair dresser, Terry), and Kaylin didn’t even notice my new do.

We are so blessed by all the prayers, gifts, and meals that continue to be sent our way. I actually chugged some holy water yesterday from Fatima per instructions from the Poor Clare Sisters from Nebraska. Kendal asked me what it tasted like. Like every good Catholic knows, it tasted exactly like holy water.
I am strengthened and comforted by the phone calls and visitors. I laughed until I cried this morning with friends from my Sweet Adelines Chorus days. I’d love to tell you stories from our morning, but this is a PG blog. The laughter was much needed as Sunday and Monday were rough after chemo on Friday. (The chemo infusion itself was a lively party – we were certainly the loudest and most crowded room in the place!) The effects of the drugs are expected to be cumulative, and I certainly have not bounced back as quickly as last week. The good news is that I have this Friday off, and cycle one is complete.

As you can tell from the picture below, dress shopping was a success! (This gown is one of eight candidates that are currently laid out in the living room awaiting further evaluation.) Man did we find some good deals! We shopped for over four hours, and I only stopped because Ruth had (rightly-so) had enough. JWedding planning is currently on standby though as the Superbowl is dominating all our wedding planner’s time. In case anyone is wondering, the city of Indianapolis is brimming with excitement for Eli Manning’s anticipated win this weekend.

Time to conclude. The Pacers on are tonight, and Lord knows I love Indiana basketball.
Pam

3 comments:

  1. Pammy,
    Looking good and, most importantly, sounding great. I'm certain you know that people are pulling for you; but beyond your immediate family right there, family and friends across the miles are walking every step of your journey with you. Stay positive and fight hard! I love you. Tony

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look va-va-va voom! You know that was my favorite dress! Love you- Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, I don't know what the other 7 dresses look like, but that one is a winner!! And so is the cranial prosthesis! Much love and good wishes are sent out to you from the Egan family! Jenny

    ReplyDelete